Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crockpot Baked Sweet Potatoes

I loooove baked potatoes, especially sweet potatoes, but I just don't get home from work early enough to give them the proper baking time.  Many people have success throwing them in the microwave, but for some reason I'm too incompetent to go that route.

I was cooking a roast chicken in the crockpot today and decided I really wanted baked sweet potatoes.  I put the chicken in my 6-quart crockpot and used my new 4-quart for the potatoes.

I pretty much had zero expectations, but these were absolutely delicious.  They were cooked to almost the consistency of mashing them, which was fine with me.  Nice and comforting, they made a perfect companion to roast chicken.

(I kind of feel dumb "claiming" this as my recipe because I didn't really DO anything... also, I have no measurements because I just kind of did it without giving it much thought.)


Crockpot-Baked Sweet Potatoes
from Lauren's Kitchen
  • 4 sweet potatoes
  • olive oil
  • cinnamon
  • brown sugar
  • butter
Scrub and dry the potatoes and stab several times with a fork.  Pile into slow cooker.  Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with a couple of healthy shakes of cinnamon.  Cook on low for 6 hours.

Slice open and serve with a little bit of butter and sprinkled brown sugar and cinnamon.

4 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I wonder if wrapping them in foil would make them less "mashable"?

    I have a couple of crockpots - this makes it easy to have a complete meal ready when I walk in the door.

    Don't feel dumb claiming this as a recipe. I'd never even thought of using the crockpot to cook them!

    Do the skins get crispy at all?

    (I'm a microwave baked potato kind of girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this with bunched up tin foil on bottom and lay potatoes on top. Up the sides too so skins do not touch sides and burn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails