Tuesday, March 30, 2010

French's Fried Onion Chicken Nuggets

My friend Kelly from Running Mama Cooks posted this yummy kid-friendly chicken recipe about a week ago, and I wasted no time adding them to my weekly menu and preparing them for Ryan.

I cut the tenders into thirds to make chicken nuggets, but that's just because I know Ryan would be more likely to eat them that way. They were absolutely delicious! I halved her recipe thinking that 2lbs would be too much, but I wish I kept her ratio (listed below). There were no leftovers, and it would have been nice to have some on hand for lunch for the next couple of days.

The only problem I ran into was that the onions got soggy from the egg. I think in the future I would work with a small amount of onions at a time and just continue replenishing. But I kept pressing the crumbs on, and while messy, it worked out just fine.


Ingredients
  • 2 lbs chicken tenders
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cans French's Fried Onions
Preheat the oven to 400.

Beat eggs and place in a shallow bowl. Place fried onions in a ziplock bag and crush (I used a rolling pin). Put broken up onions in another shallow bowl.

Coat tenders in egg, then the onions. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 mins.

Serve with honey mustard.

2 comments:

  1. You must have been reading my mind. Recently, I've been scouring cooking/recipe websites to find a home-made chicken nugget recipe. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would make these right now except for no real reason Stella would eat none of them and I would be making a second batch just for me.....blue cheese dressing as a dipper and WOWZA!!!!! It's a Buffalo thing.....try it on pizza too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails