The only change I made to this was my vegetables. I knew I wasn't going to be using celery for anything else that week, so I was hesitant to buy a whole bag. I actually found a package of veggies and seasons in the produce department that was specifically sold together for soups. It contained celery, onions, carrots, parsnips, and other various items that I no longer remember. It was perfect; I used that instead of what is listed below.
- 4 Cups of Tomato Juice (I used Spicy V-8)
- 1 Tbs Dried basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp each Dried Oregano & Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups of sliced Baby Carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 8oz pkg of fresh/sliced Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 14oz cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14oz can of Northern Beans
- 1 1/2 Cups of uncooked pasta
- Shredded Parmesan
Mix all ingredients except pasta & cheese in a 4-5 quart Crockpot. Cover & cook on low for about 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the pasta. Cover & cook on high for about 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan.