Friday, March 19, 2010

California Club Quesadilla

Last weekend, my friend Brooke and I went out on a much-need, no-kids girls' day. We shopped, chatted, and cursed our post-pregnancy bodies. In between lattes and scoring the greatest jeans ever, we grabbed lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. We couldn't decide what to get, so we split a couple of appetizers and the salad bar.

One of our apps was a delicious California Club Quesadilla. I wasted no time and tried to recreate this just a few days later. I don't think I replicated it well enough, but it was still very good.

(RT's included bacon, but I didn't. I'm sure most people would add that!)


Ingredients
  • 4 large tortillas, warmed
  • 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 1 avocado, seeded and diced
  • approx 1/4 cup lite Italian dressing
Combine all ingredients (minus the tortillas) in bowl. Divide evenly between the four tortillas, spreading on one half. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook on a panini press, quesadilla maker, or grill pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails