I didn't change a thing and they were perfect. In the future, I might add some avocado too, maybe in place of the lettuce. This was great for a Lenten Friday meal, but would also be great for a light summer dinner.
Although my tortilla-wrapping skills leave much to be desired, we loved this meal and can't wait to make it again.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15oz) refried beans
- 4 flour tortillas (burrito sized)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce (2 cups), shredded
- 1/2 salsa, plus more for serving
Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, warm beans and 1/4 cup water in another small saucepan, stirring occasionally. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm, about 10 minutes.
To assemble, divide beans, sour cream, rice, cheese, lettuce, and salsa among tortillas. For each tortilla, fold side closest to you over filling, then fold right and left sides toward center; tightly roll up burritos. Serve topped with more sour cream and salsa if desired.