In the future, I will bake the potatoes for sure. Even though I had to microwave them longer than the listed 20 minutes, I still couldn't get the typical baked-potato consistency. I'd bake them in the oven for sure.
I also didn't love the actual chicken. I used the brand they recommended and just wasn't impressed. Next time, I will either use my own or try a different brand.
Aside from those two complaints, I really liked the idea of these potatoes and will give them another shot.
- 6 6oz baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped and divided
- 1 1/3 cups shredded barbecue chicken (such as Lloyd's)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
2. While potatoes cook, combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons onions; set aside.
3. Place chicken in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap (do not allow plastic wrap to touch food). Remove potatoes from microwave; place chicken in microwave. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Slice potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; fluff with fork. Top each potato evenly with chicken, sour cream mixture, cheese, and remaining onions.