Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Barbecue Stuffed Potatoes

I found this recipe while searching through a section on fast and easy meals on myrecipes.com. This was definitely fast and easy, though I'm not too sure the short-cuts were worth it.

In the future, I will bake the potatoes for sure. Even though I had to microwave them longer than the listed 20 minutes, I still couldn't get the typical baked-potato consistency. I'd bake them in the oven for sure.



I also didn't love the actual chicken. I used the brand they recommended and just wasn't impressed. Next time, I will either use my own or try a different brand.

Aside from those two complaints, I really liked the idea of these potatoes and will give them another shot.


Ingredients
  • 6 6oz baking potatoes
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped and divided
  • 1 1/3 cups shredded barbecue chicken (such as Lloyd's)
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese

1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.

2. While potatoes cook, combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons onions; set aside.

3. Place chicken in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap (do not allow plastic wrap to touch food). Remove potatoes from microwave; place chicken in microwave. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

4. Slice potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; fluff with fork. Top each potato evenly with chicken, sour cream mixture, cheese, and remaining onions.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a fabulous dish from a bbq place back home where they piled a mountain of amazing smoked shredded pork on top of a giant baked potato. Then topped it off with shredded cheddar, their special sauce, bacon bits. I'm sure this one is much healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the microwave method works better with smaller potatoes. Also if you wrap a potato in a wet papertowel, it'll cook more evenly.

    Cheers! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails