I altered just a few minor things, so click on the link above if you want her original version.
The leftovers reheat pretty well, but it's also pretty yummy straight out of the fridge.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts (14.5 Oz. Quartered Or Whole) Drained (and briefly rinsed)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes With Juice (14.5 Oz.)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cups Chicken Broth (More As Needed)
- ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 pound tri-color rotini
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives (or Other Herbs) Chopped
Cook pasta till al dente. Drain and set aside.
Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste (do not undersalt!) Cook over low heat until heated through, then turn off heat.
Place drained pasta in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan. Pour sauce over the top. Add chives. Toss lightly to combine and coat; add a tiny bit of reserved pasta water if sauce seems too thick.