Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites

Usually for Christmas at my cousin Cheryl's house, the spread consists of various finger foods and hors d'oeurves. I asked her what I could contribute, and she suggested a dessert; I knew I wanted to keep with the bite-sized trend.

I thought that these little brownies from Picky Palate would be absolutely perfect. Chocolate + candy canes = perfection, right? I think so.


These yummy little treats were so good. Unlike Jenny, I don't have a mini cheesecake pan, but my mini muffin tin was perfect (I got 3 dozen brownies). My chocolate topping didn't look quite as creamy and smooth as hers, but they sure tasted delightful. What a perfect Christmas treat!

Ingredients
  • 1 brownie mix 9×13 inch size
  • 18 Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
  • 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
  • 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
  • 3 original candy canes, crushed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and scoop into a mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin tin pan that has been generously sprayed with cooking spray, about 3/4 way full. Press kisses into center of brownie batter, do not push all the way to bottom, some of the tip should stick out the top. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until brownies are cooked through. Let cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, 30 second intervals until smooth and melted. Stir in cream until silky smooth. You can place back in microwave for 10 seconds to smooth more if needed. Dip tops of brownies into melted chocolate, then sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Serve with a tall glass of milk. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. How can you go wrong with peppermint and chocolate. I love this combination for my hot beverages in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails