Saturday, November 8, 2008

French Onion Meatloaf - Revisited

About six months ago, I made French Onion Meatloaf. It was kind of my own little creation, and those are few and far between!

While I did like it, I didn't LOVE it. It wasn't quite French-Onion-y for me, but it was a great start. I was excited to give it another shot.

I made it again a few days ago, and please don't be turned off by the gross picture. This was GOOD. I wanted a meatloaf that was moist enough to not need gravy, and I think I got it. Actually, it was JUST slightly too wet. But that's okay. :)


Ingredients:
  • EVOO
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1lb ground beef
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 T. Italian seasoning
  • 2 & 1/2 T. Ketchup
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1/2-3/4 cup beef stock
  • a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • a handful of French-fried onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Saute the onion in the oil until softened and done.

Combine onions with all remaining ingredients except for the French-fried onions into a bowl. Shape into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9 x. 5 inch pan. Sprinkle fried onions onto top; gently press them into the loaf a bit so they "stick." Bake, covered loosely with foil, for 50-60 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails