Anyway, this was good. Perhaps a TAD too "herb-y," but that can easily be controlled next time. I did kind of sort of forget that it needed time to marinate, so it barely got the minimum 30 minutes in the fridge...
- 2 large or 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. pork chops
1. Put garlic and all herbs in a small bowl.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over garlic and herbs.
3. Add olive oil in a constant stream while whisking.
4. Put pork chops and marinade in a plastic zip-top bag. Give the chops a rub to ensure that herbs stick.
5. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight. Turn bag over halfway through the time.
6. You can really cook this however you'd like - I cooked it on the stove top in a little bit of olive oil. I'd like to try grilling it next time...