Thursday, April 24, 2008

Apricot Pork Chops

I was perusing the Cooking Light website when I came across this recipe for Apricot Pork Chops. It looked pretty good (and super easy) so I figured I'd add it to the menu.

This WAS fast!! It was done before I could catch up on my Google Reader posts for the day. :) I can't attest to its quality, however; I was so hungry when I got home that I snacked during cooking - so then I wasn't hungry when it was ready. Whoops! Pat said it was good, though...

Ingredients:
  • Cooking spray
  • 4 (4-ounce) boneless loin pork chops
  • 1/4 cup prechopped onion
  • 1/4 cup apricot preserves
  • 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.

Add prechopped onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in preserves, soy sauce, garlic, and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Add pork to pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle with green onions.



Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 1 tablespoon sauce)

CALORIES 231 (32% from fat); FAT 8.3g (sat 2.5g,mono 3.6g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 23.9g; CHOLESTEROL 73mg; CALCIUM 24mg; SODIUM 345mg; FIBER 0.5g; IRON 1.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 15.2g

Cooking Light, JULY 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails