Thursday, June 30, 2011

Roasted Asian Veggies

I'm really not a huge side-dish-during-the-week kinda person. If my main dish doesn't already have a veggie in it, I'll throw a frozen bag into the microwave and call my meal balanced.

Now that I'm on summer break, however, I'm trying to be better about serving fresh vegetables and this one from weelicious is just perfection. It takes barely any effort, and as long as you have the time it takes to roast in the oven, you're good to go.

I would never ever have thought to infuse broccoli and cauliflower with Asian flowers, but I'm glad somebody did. This was awesome, and my kids inhaled it. I combined the leftovers with some couscous and grilled chicken for a perfect lunch.


Roasted Asian Veggies
from Weelicious
  • 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
  • 2 Cups Cauliflower Florets
  • 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Place florets on a greased baking sheet, top with soy sauce and sesame oil, and toss to coat evenly.

Bake for 30 minutes until golden, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Serve.

2 comments:

  1. I love roasting veggies and am always looking for new seasoning ideas. This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO simple, I love it! Since I love everything with veggies I'm going to gobble this up soon. I just adore when easy things are delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails