I omit the nuts because my father and son are both allergic, but I think they'd be a wonderful addition. Even without, though, it's a refreshing and delicious side dish. The marshmallows somehow melt away to meld with the rest of the ingredients and the fruit combinations are endless. I've subbed fresh pears for some of the apples or canned for the pineapples. Mandarin oranges would work nicely as well - mix it up!
Taffy Apple Salad
from The Pampered Chef
- 1 8oz can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 2 medium red apples, cored and diced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- additional chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
Add pineapple, apples, peanuts, and marshmallows to cream cheese mixture; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with additional peanuts if desired.