I wanted something light and easy to take to work for lunches, and this is perfect. I actually planned to dice up an apple and throw it in there just for kicks, but totally forgot.
This was just so easy to prepare! I threw in a couple of additional chicken breasts onto the grill pan when making dinner, and the rest just came together in minutes. I will definitely be making this again.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cooked and shredded
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/3 to 1/2 of a large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup mayo, more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and coarse ground pepper to taste
Combine chicken, celery, and cucumber in large bowl.
In small bowl, combine mayo, mustard, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken mixture, season with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, can be made up to 24 hours in advance.