It was actually even better than I expected! While it's not the classiest dinner I've made, and while I wouldn't use it for company, it was a pretty delicious and easy weeknight meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- burger seasoning to taste
- a few shakes of Worchestire sauce
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3/4 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen French fries
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bake french fries on baking sheet for 10 minutes while preparing beef.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink. Drain off excess grease, and add seasonings and Worchestire sauce.
Return to the heat, and stir in the mushroom and cheese soups until well blended. Heat through, and remove from stove. Transfer the mixture to a 8x8 inch baking dish. Cover the ground beef mixture with a layer of partially cooked French fries.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven (mine took much less - maybe only 15 minutes?). When the fries are golden brown, remove the casserole from the oven, and sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven, and bake just until cheese has melted.