Okay, so it's winter. Whatev. This yummy chili is still perfectly relevant for these dark winter evenings, and a great way to use any cans of pumpkin from your Thanksgiving stash. There's perhaps nothing as comforting to eat for dinner than a warm bowl of chili!
Turkey Autumn Chili
from The Crockpot Blog
- 1 lb turkey breast cut in cubes (I used ground turkey - make sure you brown it first!)
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 C pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed (I used a can)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 C frozen corn
- 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1 T chili powder
- Optional topping: sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc...
Combine all ingredients (except for toppings) in a 6qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on the low temperature setting for 10 hours.