Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Recipe Exchange: Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole

I shouldn't even be able to post this because a) it is so late and b) I made a lot of changes.

But anyway, for the December Recipe Exchange on my cooking board, I was given this yummy-sounding casserole. I did end up altering a bit due to time/tastes/what I had on hand, but it was pretty good! I am posting my version along with the original. Since it's an exchange, I don't know who or where it came from, so I can't properly give credit!


Ingredients:
  • 2-3 large boneless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
  • 3-4 cups frozen veggies
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 1.5 cups shredded cheddar
  • 2 cups COOKED egg noodles
1. Mix together soups with milk.
2. In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread a layer of diced chicken.
3. Cover chicken with veggies.
4. Sprinkle half of the grated cheese over the broccoli.
5. Pour soup mixture over noodles.
6. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over egg noodles.
Original:
  • 2-3 large boneless chicken breasts - COOKED
  • 3-4 cups frozen broccoli (recipe calls for cooked... I quick thaw the broccoli in HOT WATER and put through my food processor)
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (soup)can milk (recipe calls for evaporated... I use 1%)
  • 1.5 cups grated cheese (recipe calls for cheddar...I use marble)
  • 2 cups COOKED egg noodles
1. Mix together soups with milk.
2. In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread a layer of diced chicken. (I put mine through the food processor).
3. Cover chicken with broccoli.
4. Sprinkle half of the grated cheese over the broccoli.
5. Add a layer of the cooked noodles.
6. Pour soup mixture over noodles.
7. Top with remaining cheese.
8. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails