Oh, well. It was pretty good. I agree with Brooke, however, that while I certainly had worse meals, this one wasn't my favorite.
Also, at the last minute, I could not for the life of me find a dry Italian dressing mix packet - I subbed in a pouch of dry vegetable dip mix. Whoops. I also served over mashed potatoes (store bought, not homemade - hey, if I'm using the crockpot, then I don't have time do homemade mashed pot's!) - yum!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (I used 4)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pkg dry italian salad dressing mix
- 1 can golden mushroom soup (I used Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup)
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 4 oz. onion & chive cream cheese
- 1 pkg angel hair pasta, cooked according to box directions
Place chicken in crock pot. In sauce pan melt butter. Stir in italian salad dressing mix, soup, cream cheese & wine. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours (mine cooked on low for about 8 hours and plenty moist and saucy). Pour over cooked pasta.