Monday, March 17, 2008

Easy Bistro Chicken, and Tomato and Mozzarella Quesadillas

This chicken was one of the easiest meals I made in a LONG time. Thank goodness for Kraft Foods and their magazine - this one is a keeper. The chicken was so juicy and tender... fabulous. Loved it. You need to make it tonight!


The only problem I ran into is that my breasts are too big. Ha! I mean CHICKEN breasts (although the same could be said for... oh, never mind). I buy my meat at BJs, and their chicken breasts are HUGE. So I had to leave mine going for longer than the recipe said.

But anyway.

I threw together some Italian quesadillas, which came out a bit too soggy and not quite cheesy enough... but not bad. I guess I should have thrown in a veggie or two, huh...


Easy Bistro Chicken, from Kraft Foods

  • 2 tsp. oil
  • 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 can (15 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
  • 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
  • 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
  • 1 cup KRAFT Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
  • 2 slices OSCAR MAYER Ready to Serve Bacon, crumbled (I omitted. Bacon = ewwie to me.)

HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, dressing and tomato paste.

ADD chicken; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

SPRINKLE with cheese and bacon; simmer, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails