Sunday, July 12, 2009

Better-Than-Sex Cake

I wish I had better pics of this cake; what I have below does not do this dessert justice!

I had made this cake about a year ago for my husband's 30th birthday but never got around to blogging it. It popped up again not too long ago on my friend Colleen's blog, and I thought it would be a good one to bring up to my parents' house.

It was as good as I remembered, although it was very rich. I think in the future I would do something to the caramel/condensed milk combo - either use less or maybe unsweetened milk... it just seemed a tad too much.


Ingredients
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar caramel sauce
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tub Cool Whip
  • 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese
  • 1/2 bag heath bar bits - I used M&Ms. Any kind of small or crushed candy would work well

Preheat oven as directed on cake box.

Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Add half the bag of chocolate chips, pour in cake pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake as directed on the box.

Meanwhile, mix the caramel and the condensed milk together in a bowl. When the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with a straw and then pour the caramel mix over the top and let sit until cool.

In medium bowl, beat Cool Whip and cream cheese until combined. Top cooled cake with Cool Whip mixture and the candy pieces.

Keep chilled before serving.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA love the name of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, posting with a 3-day old ;)
    Tee hee - I need to make this again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cake! It is very rich, but very good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails