I didn't feel guilty at all about chowing down on these (then again, I rarely feel guilt when eating something yummy. Ha!) because of the banana, oats, etc.
I altered the flour and chocolate slightly, so click on the link above for the original recipe. But make these today!
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 5.6 ounces whole wheat flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg; beat well.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.