I was really excited when I saw this recipe for Spinach Lasagna Rolls from Wine a Bit... You'll Feel Better. All of the yummy goodness had to yield a good dish!!
And it would have, I think, if I had used regular pasta. Despite the sauce and spinach and everything, the taste of the pasta was just too overpowering. Next time, I'm going "regular" for sure!
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2.5 cups ricotta cheese
- 2.5 cups (10 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups tomato sauce
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, combine the eggs, cheeses, spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl. Spread 1/3 cups cheese mixture over each cooked noodle and carefully roll up.
2. Pour one cup spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Tilt pan so sauce distributes evenly. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.