Sunday, August 10, 2008

Breakfast Risotto

I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw this post by the Crockpot Lady for Breakfast Risotto. I even emailed her with questions about it and she was SO NICE AND FUNNY when she wrote back!!

However, I did something wrong. I don't know what. It looked nothing like hers and it was the most UN-creamy thing I've ever eaten. It was just a dry bowl of mush and I was so sad. :(

I think I either cooked it too long or didn't use enough liquid... but I think my timing wasn't bad because I kept checking/stirring it and seemed globby from the beginning.



Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3 little apples
  • 1 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1/8 t nutmeg
  • 1/8 t all spice
  • 1/4 t kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 4 cups of liquid (I used half apple juice and half milk)

Turn your crock to high and add the butter so it can start melting. Wash and cut up your apples while it begins to melt.

Add the rice to the butter, and stir it around to coat it nicely. If the butter isn't completely melted, don't worry. Mine wasn't either, and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Add the apples, and spices. Stir in the juice/milk.

Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours, or on low for 6 or so.

1 comment:

  1. If you are able to find out why it didn't work out, could you let me know? I had also thought it sounded good but now I am a bit hesitant to try it.

    Love your blog!

    Leeann
    niccofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails