I think I prefer the stovetop version of pasta e fagioli, but putting it in a crockpot is definitely easier for me right now. And it's still so delicious... I see this soup making many more appearances in my kitchen this fall!
Pasta e Fagioli
adapted very, very slightly from Cooking This and That
- 1 can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups dried pasta, cooked
Combine all ingredients but pasta in a 4 to 7-quart slow cooker. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours. At the end of cooking time, add the cooked pasta and serve immediately.
Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.