Monday, October 25, 2010

Crockpot Pasta e Fagioli

As a working mom, there's probably nothing in my kitchen that I value as much as my crockpot. There is really nothing like stumbling home with all my school work, plus my two kids and all of THEIR stuff, to a kitchen that smells fantastic and has dinner waiting for me. And soups are just the epitome of fall cooking!

I think I prefer the stovetop version of pasta e fagioli, but putting it in a crockpot is definitely easier for me right now. And it's still so delicious... I see this soup making many more appearances in my kitchen this fall!


Pasta e Fagioli
adapted very, very slightly from Cooking This and That

Ingredients
  • 1 can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 1 quart beef broth
  • 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 3 cups dried pasta, cooked

Combine all ingredients but pasta in a 4 to 7-quart slow cooker. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours. At the end of cooking time, add the cooked pasta and serve immediately.

Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love this! Glad you did too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe, i LOVE crockpot meals. just made chicken and dumplings in the crockpot and tomorrow we're having bnut squash and kale minestrone in the crockpot! can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails