Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie

My friend Christina made this almost a year ago, and I've had it bookmarked forever. I'm such a fan of my crockpot and I know it will be my BFF when I head back to work in a couple of weeks.

This chicken-pot-pie-esque meal (courtesy of Betty Crocker) was so easy - just throw everything in the pot and -poof- dinner's on its way! I listened to her advice about not enough gravy; rather than use an 18oz jar, I just used 2 12-oz jars. Yum!


Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 dried bay leaf
  • 1/4tsp pepper
  • 18-24 oz gravy
  • 2 medium celery stalks, cut into thin slices
  • 1 bag (1lb) frozen mixed veggies
  • instant biscuits (I use the ones in the tube)

Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with onion, bayleaf, pepper, and gravy. Place celery on gravy.

Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours

About 30 min before serving, bake biscuits.

Meanwhile, gently stir frozen veggies into chickenmixture. Cover and cook 15 min. Remove bay leaf.

For each serving, split biscuit and place one half on the bottom of a bowl. Spoon chicken into bowl then top with other half of biscuit.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked it! This is a nice fall dish; I'll have to add it to the rotation sometime this month or next! Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails