Monday, July 12, 2010

Ice Cream Sundae Brownies

I can resist neither brownies nor ice cream, so when you put them together, you are for sure going to make me happy! Usually this combination leads to ice cream with brownie bits swirled in, but Picky Palate decided to turn the tables; she created the Ice Cream Sundae Brownie.


I've made these brownies a few different times with various flavors of ice cream: mocha frappucino, phish food, etc. The upside is that the brownies have a new layer of yuminess - even though I used a box mix, there's just something about them that makes them so much richer and more decadent than a regular brownie.

The downside is that I couldn't really taste the flavor of the ice cream. I was especially disappointed when I used Starbucks' Mocha Frappucino flavor; I was really hoping for that delicious latte flavor.

Perhaps a stronger variety, such as a mint, would shine through, but I'm not sure. These brownies, however, were still absolutely delicious and I will make them again - though I will likely not go out of my way for a fun flavor.

Ingredients
  • 1 box Brownie Mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 Cup canola or vegetable oil
  • Heaping 1/2 Cup of your favorite Ice Cream
  • 1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
  • 1/4 Cup hot fudge topping (chilled)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, 2 eggs and oil until combined…and thick. I did NOT add the water. Scoop in ice cream, chocolate chips and hot fudge; mix until combined. Pour into a foil lined 9×13 inch baking dish that’s been GENEROUSLY sprayed with cooking spray. More is better here :) Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.

2. Let cool completely. Remove foil from baking dish, cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails