I've made these brownies a few different times with various flavors of ice cream: mocha frappucino, phish food, etc. The upside is that the brownies have a new layer of yuminess - even though I used a box mix, there's just something about them that makes them so much richer and more decadent than a regular brownie.
The downside is that I couldn't really taste the flavor of the ice cream. I was especially disappointed when I used Starbucks' Mocha Frappucino flavor; I was really hoping for that delicious latte flavor.
Perhaps a stronger variety, such as a mint, would shine through, but I'm not sure. These brownies, however, were still absolutely delicious and I will make them again - though I will likely not go out of my way for a fun flavor.
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup canola or vegetable oil
- Heaping 1/2 Cup of your favorite Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup hot fudge topping (chilled)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, 2 eggs and oil until combined…and thick. I did NOT add the water. Scoop in ice cream, chocolate chips and hot fudge; mix until combined. Pour into a foil lined 9×13 inch baking dish that’s been GENEROUSLY sprayed with cooking spray. More is better here Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.
2. Let cool completely. Remove foil from baking dish, cut into squares and serve.