Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Margherita Pie

I made this delicious pie as soon as it was posted on My Baking Heart, and am sorry to wait so long to blog it. I've made this several times already, and each time it seems to come out better and better. It's such a perfect summery dish and is so easy to throw together. And it tastes even better the next day!

I'm posting the entire recipe, crust and all, though I must confess that I have always used store bought crusts.


Pastry dough:
2 c all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
1 large egg or 2 large egg yolks
3 tbsp cold heavy whipping cream, milk or water

Filling:
8-10 slices mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1/4 lb whole cherry tomatoes
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp sour cream
2 large eggs
1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
10-12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

2 comments:

  1. I am a newer follower of your blog and I LOVE it! Check out my blog - I have an award for you on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! A nice twist on a traditional pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails