This meal is hearty enough for dinner, and the leftovers make a fantastic lunch. This is absolutely perfect for those summer nights when it's too hot to eat much else. Plus... the ice cream I ate later was almost guilt-free. ;)
- 20 oz package three cheese tortellini
- 6 oz turkey bacon, cut into chunks
- 6 oz bag baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 9 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Cook turkey bacon until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon onto paper towel. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together after the pasta and bacon has cooled.
In a blender add all of the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil and process until smooth. Then, while the blender is running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until completely combined. If serving the salad right away, immediately pour the dressing over the salad and toss well (you may not need all the dressing). Serve.