Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Easy, Cheesy Tortellini Bake

Those might just be the best 4 words to find in a recipe title, and to come across them all at once is pretty much like Christmas morning to me. ;)

I came across this dinner on Spice in My Life and thought it was pretty good. The spinach in it makes me feel like the tortellini and cheese are healthy, so therefore this dinner is GOOD for me, right?

I prefer this Cheesy Baked Tortellini instead, however. I loved the addition of spinach, so I will probably merge the two recipes next time.


Ingredients
  • 1 large (25+oz) packages cheese tortellini
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
  • 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions; drain.

Bring marinara and Alfredo sauces along with spinach and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.

Stir cooked tortellini into sauce, then pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese has melted and turned golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails