Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pumpkin Waffles

A few weeks ago, I had a little date with my buddies Ryan and Daniel at IHOP. I ordered some kind of omelet, and it came with three buttermilk pancakes. As I was ordering, however, I noticed a sign for their season pumpkin spice pancakes. For a mere $1.67 more, I quickly requested to swap out the buttermilk for the pumpkin.

They were AWESOME, and as soon as I got home, I searched for my own recipe. I found this one, however, for pumpkin waffles on the Betty Crocker site. I made them the very next day in my awesome circus animal waffle iron that my brother gave me for my birthday.


They were absolutely delicious! The pumpkin flavor was just enough to be noticeable without being too overpowering for my less-than-enthusiastic-about-pumpkin husband. I chose to not make the apple butter, but I'm sure that would have been yummy too!

Ingredients

  • 2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • Powdered sugar, if desired

Heat waffle iron; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. In large bowl, beat all waffle ingredients except pecans and powdered sugar with wire whisk or hand beater until blended. Pour batter onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron.

Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Carefully remove waffle. Sprinkle with pecans and powdered sugar. Serve with syrup.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! these sound great and they are super cute in the shape of your waffles too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails