Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pumpkin Banana Chip Muffins

I love baking muffins, and I couldn't wait to get going on some pumpkin flavors this fall. I have a great recipe courtesy of my friend Brooke, but I was in the mood to try something different. As usual, a trip to my google reader presented me with exactly what I wanted.


These muffins from Cooking and Eating in the Windy City were exactly what I was looking for. I had some bananas that needed to be baked and an eager three-year-old to help me lick the spoon.

The only change I made was, as usual, to add some chocolate chips instead of the topping listed below.

These were gone in NO TIME. Seriously, I don't think they lasted 24 hours in my house. Delicious.



Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Topping

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup oats/nuts
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center, and add the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Spoon into greased muffin tin, and top each muffin with 1 Tbsp of topping. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails