I found this recipe for a Layered Fiesta Casserole in their last issue and added it to my menu immediately. It absolutely did not disappoint - it was easy and fantastic.
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
- 4-6 corn tortillas (12 inch)
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
HEAT oven to 375°F.
BROWN meat with peppers in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in salsa, tomatoes and corn.
SPREAD 1 cup meat mixture onto bottom of 9x9-inch baking dish; top with 1 tortilla. Cover with layers of the remaining meat mixture and cheese; top with remaining tortillas and meat mixture. Cover with foil.
BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; let stand 5 min. or until melted.