It was so delicious, and I couldn't wait until she posted it on her blog so I could cook it again.
I followed the recipe exactly (which she got from Taste and Tell) and heeded her recommendation to add salsa to the beef. Delish!
- 16 oz. taco sauce
- 12 ounce can buttermilk biscuits
- 4-6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can sliced olives, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jar salsa
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish. Spread taco sauce evenly over bottom of dish.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Place biscuit pieces in hot sauce, turn to coat. Sprinkle biscuits with half of the cheese and the olives. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
In a large skillet, combine ground beef, peppers, mushrooms, cumin and chili powder. Cook until ground beef is cooked through and add the jar of salsa.
Sprinkle the ground beef mixture over the baked biscuit mixture. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.