Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pork Chops

First, welcome to the new site. Why the change, you might ask? Well, to save myself from a LOT of embarrassment, let's just say that you shouldn't always trust free online translators. Always ask your mother. Your mother is ALWAYS right (Hi, Mom! xo).



Anyway, tonight's dinner is courtesy of Melissa, who found this one on allrecipes.com. If you look at her blog entry for this dinner, you'll see that her sauce is MUCH thinner than mine... I don't know why. Hers looks so much better. I don't know what I did wrong...



This was a good dinner, but I do wish the sauce hadn't been so clumpy and thick and jelly-like.

Pineapple Pork Chops

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless pork chops
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup pineapple juice


Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops from the skillet, and set aside.


Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Return the pork chops to the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F . Remove chops from the skillet, reserving broth mixture, and set aside.


In a bowl, blend the brown sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple juice. Mix into the skillet with the chicken broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Serve with the cooked pork chops.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!! Glad you found the recipe on my blog :-) But sad it didn't come out like mine. Not sure why........I am trying to think if I adjusted anything and didn't comment on it in my blog. It was so long ago now, I do not remember, but I usually write my alterations in my blog.

    We haven;t had it in a while, so I may make it this weekend, and I will page you and let you know how it goes!

    Sorry it turned out think and jelly-like :-(

    See you on the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make my day :)
    http://kayteskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails