Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Banana Cinnamon Chip Cake

The only thing I can say about this cake from Two Peas and Their Pod is that I made it after breakfast, and it was gone by bedtime.

Totally gone. Like, in my belly. I can, of course, share blame with my husband and two boys, but still. But... it was that good.

This was my first experience with cinnamon chips, and oh boy. I have a new addiction. I even added some to my daily trail mix.


Banana Cinnamon Chip Cake
from Two Peas and Their Pod
  • 3 very ripe bananas
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup cinnamon chips
For topping:
  • 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork or potato masher. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.

Add ¾ cup of the cinnamon chips, and stir briefly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and set aside.

In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the pan, and top with the remaining ¼ cup chips.

Bake for 3Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to find some cinnamon chips! Maybe I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana cake with cinnamon chips is such a wonderful combo. I'm not surprised yours disappeared so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have yet to find cinnamon chips in a store near me...this looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails