Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baked Onion Rings

I LOVE onion rings. I don't know why I don't buy them more often, but thanks to Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes, I don't have to. These make-your-own are easy (albeit slightly time consuming but that's my own fault for not remembering that they needed to soak for a few hours) and taste delicious!

Everyone in my house gobbled these up, and I am pretty sure it won't be long until I make them again.

(Her recipe says to bake for about 12 minutes - mine needed about 6 minutes longer.)


Low Fat Baked Onion Rings
from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
  • 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
  • 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
  • salt to taste
  • olive oil baking spray
Place slices of onion in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over the top and let them soak for about 1 - 2 hours, refrigerated.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.

Combine panko, bread crumbs and corn flakes in a large dish, season with salt.

Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture; coat well. Place rings onto two cookie sheets. Lightly spray with oil. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to try these...so glad they turned out! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails