Thursday, January 14, 2010

Olive Garden's Salad Dressing

Before I get into the recipe part of this post, check out this little bottle! Years ago, my grandmother had it and I thought it was so freaken cool. It has a little sensor and mixes it up for you as it pours. It also has measurements along the sides for various salad dressing recipes. Awesome!


After awhile, though, hers broke and she couldn't find a replacement anywhere. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get my hands on my own.

Well, thanks the power of the internet, my dad found them not too long ago and gave me a nice little post-Christmas surprise!


Although I'm excited to try some of the recipes on the bottle, I immediately searched for a new Olive Garden variation. Like many people, my favorite part of the Olive Garden is their dressing. I'm not a huge salad person, but I for sure could make quite a meal out of their salad, especially if you add some tasty breadsticks.

Suffice it to say that my salad was quite enjoyable this week. I tried a knockoff recipe once and it was okay, but not that great. This one is a lot better and might entice me to start eating more salads!


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup white vinegar
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 2 Tbls. corn syrup
  • 2 Tbls. Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbls. Romano cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
  • 1 Tbl. lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until well-blended. If dressing is too tart, add sugar to taste.

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome bottle. I'll have to get me one of those

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wonder its so good, the mayo :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails