Thursday, December 1, 2011

Skinny Artichoke Dip

I think that Skinny Taste is one of my go-to blogs, especially for an appetizer.  I'm looking to cut out calories wherever I can, and she does just that without sacrificing flavor or appearance.

This is another dish that I prepared for Thanksgiving, but it's definitely not fall-specific.  I doubled it for our crowd and it was perfect.  This would be great during a football game or holiday dinner party.  I polished off the leftovers for lunch!


Skinny Artichoke Dip
from Skinnytaste

  • 13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
  • 2 tbsp chopped shallots
  • 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
  • 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
  • olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 400°.

In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the shallots.

Combine artichokes, yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Place in an oven-proof dish and top with breadcrumbs. Lightly spray the crumbs with olive oil then bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve right away.

Can be made one day in advance without the breadcrumbs and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Add breadcrumbs before baking. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I can't wait to try this! Also, visit me over at The Savvy Kitchen (www.savvykitchen.blogspot.com) to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love Skinny Taste. I usually make the hot spinach dip and add in chopped artichokes. Will try this one, though :) Thanks for posting.

    PS - When I make her Chicken Parmesan, my husband says that its the best he's ever tasted.

    Thanks,
    Alison
    www.shessewsmart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been all my life? So excited to get to know this site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I only recently came across your blog, but have enjoyed this post and will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails