Thursday, April 23, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

I couldn't wait to make this ice cream from Proceed with Caution. And even better - when I went food shopping, I bought the peanut butter Oreos. YUM!!

(Actually, I should mention that I originally bought regular Oreos to make this, but those suckers didn't last long enough to be made into ice cream!)


I love that she references her tips for adjusting fat content - I will for sure be using those again!

Anytime I've tried to adjust fat content on my own, the result has been very hard, icy ice cream, so I was very impressed when this still ended up creamy and wonderful. Loved it!


Ingredients

  • 8 oz milk (skim, 1%, 2% or whole is fine)
  • 8 oz heavy cream, whipped
  • 8 oz fat free half and half
  • 1/4 cup eggbeaters
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 7 oz fat free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup finely ground oreos
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped oreos
Whisk together the egg beaters, sugars, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the cream, milk, half and half, vanilla, and finely ground oreos, mix well. Chill a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight. Freeze according to ice cream maker directions. In the last 5 minutes of freezing, add the roughly chopped oreos. Place in the freezer to cure.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Now THAT is a killer combo! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would go crazy with this... he's a big Oreo fan and I'll have to give this a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious - I really need to get an ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice cream is something I have never attempted (I have a fear of it being to difficult and not working out) - yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that looks amazing! Cookies and cream is my favorite flavor ice cream and I know using PB oreos would make it even more tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails