When I went to the liquor store to get the wine for this, I picked up an "Apple Cider" wine. It tasted a bit too sweet for me on its own, but in this sangria it was perfect. There was not a drop left by the end of the meal!
Cranberry Pomegranate Holiday Sangria
from Deep South Dish
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of red zinfandel
- 4 cups of cranberry juice
- 2 cups of POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 3/4 cup of simple syrup
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored, quartered & sliced thin
- 1 orange, halved and sliced thin
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- San Pellegrino sparkling water
Note from the source: The color for this sangria comes primarily from the juices, so you can use either red or white. Use any good wine that you prefer. I used a red zinfandel, but other good choices include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Shiraz, or Beaujolais.