It was definitely... different. I for sure didn't DISlike it... I'm just not so sure I loved it. But it was nice to venture away from chicken for a change...
This was an easy dish to prepare, although really? I don't know how people cook Asian food on a regular basis w/out having their arms burned off. That oil can FLY on such high heat! Yowza!
(Oh, I decided to do my blogs a bit differently. From now on, I’m going to link to the original, as always, but write out what I actually do. This way, when I remake it, I know what I did and don’t have to sift through some notes.)
· 1 ½ pound piece sirloin, 1-inch thick
· 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
· 3 tablespoons canola oil
· 1 large bunch broccoli, chopped
· 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
· 1 cup frozen peas
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· ¼ cup stir fry sauce
· ¼ cup yellow mustard
· ¼ cup ketchup
· 2/3 cup milk
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 3 tablespoons butter
· Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
· Handful fresh dill, chopped
· Handful fresh chives, chopped
Pop the meat in the freezer for a few minutes to stiffen it up for slicing.